If you have a cell phone plan, you have probably wondered what would happen if you were late on your payments and if that would send you to the credit bureau. This is why it is important that before contracting your plan, you carefully review how much you will have to pay, in what terms, what the contract says and whether you will be able to cover the payment or not.
Nowadays, telephone companies offer various plan options that can adapt to your needs and that are more accessible in terms of payments. But it is important that you know what happens with the credit bureau when contracting this type of plans.
I didn’t pay on time, will I go to the credit bureau?
The answer to this question will surprise you, because according to the official website of Buró de Crédito all the people who have hired or obtained any telephone service, a credit card, pay television, or a car or mortgage loan are in the credit bureau. Whether it is Telcel, Movistar, AT&T or any other telephone company, you should know that as soon as you sign your contract for the plan you acquire a financial responsibility with them.
So is that bad? Do not panic! Being in the credit bureau is not a bad thing, it simply means having a credit history. which is updated as you pay for the services and credits you have contracted. Some credit and service providers have an agreement with Buro de Crédito in order to guarantee that their clients have a good credit history and ensure that they will be punctual with their payments.
The real name of this history is Special Credit Report, and it contains updates on your payments month by month, saving only your history from the last six years. Likewise, according to the financial products comparator Coruthe negative thing is not that you are in the credit bureau or not, but that you appear in it as a bad payer, be punctual with your payments!
Some tips to improve your finances
Now that you know what happens with the credit bureau regarding cell phone companies, we will give you some tips to Don’t fall into a negative history:
- Compare which is the best option for you. Cell phone companies offer different plans with different prices, so it is best to evaluate which plan is best for you and if you can afford it.
- Review and read the contract carefully before signing it. It may seem obvious, but it is extremely important to avoid future unforeseen events and misunderstandings with the company.
- Look for plans with terms that suit you. There are people who like to pay biweekly, others prefer to pay monthly, and others even prefer annual plans; Whatever your preference, evaluate which plan suits you.
- Be disciplined. This may also seem a little obvious, but being disciplined with your savings and taking seriously what your money will go towards will save you a lot of trouble down the road.
- Be careful with ant expenses. Yes, those somewhat impulsive and unnecessary purchases that make you fall behind with your payments; A treat from time to time is fine, as long as it is done responsibly.
Always remember to inform yourself well before contracting a telephone plan and resolve any questions that arise in the process, so that no payment catches you off guard.
Get the latest news in your email
Everything you need to know to start your day
Registering implies accepting the Terms and Conditions