The Italian Grand Prix begins, the fourteenth of the Formula One World Championship, which is held at the Monza circuitwith Ferrarri’s return to pole position at home: his Spanish driver Carlos Sainz starts from the first position this Sunday.
Max Vertsppen starts second, followed by Charles Leclerc and George Russell (Mercedes); while Sergio ‘Checo’ Pérez reached position five on the grid in the last seconds.
After having problems in the third practice, where he was not able to do any laps with the new tire in preparation for qualifying, Pérez commented: “The track had changed a lot and we had a problem (…) we couldn’t learn. none of the soft compound and I think we paid the price in Q3 because we didn’t have the cleanest lap.
Summary: What is happening at the 2023 Italian Grand Prix?
After an incident with Yuki Tsunoda caused the race to be delayed, the race started with the lead of Ferrari.
This is how the top 10 goes on lap 4 of 51:
Minute by minute of the 2023 Italian Grand Prix
- Lap 1: Good start to the race for Ferrari, Sainz maintains the lead.
- ¡Green flag! The Italian Grand Prix begins.
- Again: formation lap.
- The race restarts at 7:20 am (Central Mexico time).
- five minutes of green flag delaya rescue car is going to come in.
- Tsunda, who would start from P11, retires on the formation lap. Prepare yellow flag.
- Formation lap.