Apple has just released the iPhone 15 Pro. This cellphone offers impressive specifications but surprisingly the price is still the same as the iPhone 14 Pro.
“iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max represent Apple’s best design and industry-first innovations to help enrich our users’ everyday experiences, while enabling them to unleash their creativity.” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s SVP Worldwide Marketing.
The iPhone 15 Pro body is packaged with grade 5 titanium material. This promises much better durability than any metal.
“This is the most premium material we have ever used in an iPhone casing,” said the man who is often called Joz.
Titanium is claimed to be very strong and durable, but at the same time much lighter in weight. Therefore, this material is often used in spacecraft.
Thanks to the use of Titanium, the edges of this cellphone are the thinnest on the iPhone. It uses the industry’s first thermo-mechanical process, titanium tape encases a new substructure made from 100 percent recycled aluminum, bonding the two metals with extraordinary strength through solid-state diffusion, the company says.
Apple no longer installs a silent switch button, instead providing an Action Button. Users can customize its functions, from opening the camera or flashlight, activating Voice Memos, Focus mode, Translate, and accessibility features such as Magnifier or using Shortcuts for other options.
The iPhone 15 Pro is supported by the A17 Pro chipset which is made with Apple’s 3nm fabrication using the EUV process, and has 19 billion transistors. This chip has a 6-core CPU with two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores.
iPhone 15 Pro Photo: Apple
CPU performance is 10% faster, the Neural Engine is now 2x faster, and the GPU is 20% more capable. With these provisions, the iPhone 15 Pro presents real games that have never been seen before on a smartphone, such as Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4, Death Stranding, and Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
The A17 Pro includes a dedicated AV1 decoder, enabling a more efficient, high-quality video experience for streaming services. Apple enables USB Type C speeds on iPhone for the first time, now supporting much higher transfer speeds and video output up to 4K at HDR 60 fps.
The iPhone 15 Pro features a 48MP main camera with a new 24MP super high resolution default, and can switch between 24mm, 28mm, and 35mm. Apart from ProRAW 48MP, the main camera also supports HEIF 48MP images with 4x greater resolution.
The iPhone 15 Pro has a 12 MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom capability. as well as a 12 MP ultra-wide lens. The TrueDepth (ƒ/1.9) front camera is 12MP.
iPhone15 Pro specifications
- Screen: 6.1-inch (2556×1179 pixels) OLED Super Retina with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz, Ceramic Shield protection
- Chipset: A17 Pro
- Memory: 128GB 256GB, and 512GB
- OS: iOS 17
- Features: Water and dust resistant (IP68), Dual SIM (nano + eSIM). Action button, TrueDepth camera for FaceID, Stereo speakers
- Camera: 48MP wide-angle (f/1.78), second-generation sensor-shift optical image stabilization for video, 2x Telephoto, 100% Focus Pixels, Photonic Engine, True Tone flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision at 4K 60 fps, Slo‑ mo 1080p at 240fps, Cinematic mode up to 4K HDR at 30 fps; 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.2); 12MP Telephoto (ƒ/2.8) camera, optical image stabilisation, 3x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; 6x optical zoom range; digital zoom up to 15x
- Front camera: 12MP TrueDepth (ƒ/1.9) front camera, Autofocus with Focus Pixels,
Retina Flash, HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 15 Pro dimensions: 146.6×70.6×8,255mm; Weight: 187g
- Connection: m5G (sub‑6 GHz) with 4×4 MIMO, Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6E with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Second-generation Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Battery: lithium-ion with 15W MagSafe wireless charging, USB-C 3 fast charging, up to 23 hours (iPhone 15 Pro) / 29 hours (iPhone 15 Pro Max) of video playback
The new Apple iPhone 15 Pro models, with EU ordered USB-C charger, are displayed amongst other new products during a launch event at Apple Park in Cupertino, California, on September 12, 2023. (Photo by Nic Coury / AFP) (Photo by Nic Coury / AFP) (Photo by Nic Coury / AFP) by NIC CURY/AFP via Getty Images) Photo: AFP via Getty Images/NIC CURY
Price of iPhone 15 Pro
The iPhone 15 Pro has a choice of Black Titanium, White Titanium, Blue Titanium and Natural Titanium colors. Apple opened preorders on September 15 in 40 countries, and began selling on September 22, 2023. Prices are as follows:
- iPhone 15 Pro 128 GB: USD 999 or Rp. 15.3 million
- iPhone 15 Pro 256 GB: USD 1,099 or Rp. 16.9 million
- iPhone 15 Pro 512 GB: USD 1,299 or Rp. 19.9 million
- iPhone 15 Pro 1 TB: USD 1,499 or IDR 23 million
Watch Video “iPhone 15 Series Upgrade: Long Lasting Battery-Mobile Gaming Pro“